The Andrea Foundation organization was created with the aim to raise awareness on people affected by EDS. This hereditary disease affects the quality of many people’s life, often causing problems such as severe chronic pain. With EDS, patients “looks” relatively normal, even when there are painful symptoms attacking their quality of life. For this reason, they are often neglected by the healthcare system, and do not receive the support and attention they need, let alone a proper disability status.
We are determined to help physicians and healthcare professionals understand the needs and issues of people living with EDS!
Andrea Foundation For EDS is a 501(c)3) non-profit organization that has a team of passionate and enthusiastic people to:
- Raise awareness among people who are affected by the Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS). Since there are a number of individuals who do not know whether they are affected or not, we want them to become aware. We are also eager to inspire and motivate them to handle their disease in a positive manner.
- Help them have an idea whether they acquire the syndrome or not. We also want to serve as a vehicle for them to know the best action to face their complicated problem with great positivity.
- Assist health care service providers to understand the specific needs and difficult issues of many individuals who live with EDS. Since there are a variety of cases wherein doctors cannot find the real illness of people who have the disease, we want to support them to know concrete information. Hence, we are very passionate to help health care professionals handle EDS – affected people with the best service as possible.
- Educate law enforcement agents and individuals in child protective services, childcare centers, schools, colleges/universities, various professional sport teams. We want many people to have enough knowledge on EDS in which they can apply in the near future. When they meet people with the syndrome, they can communicate with them in a proper way. If they experience a chronic dislocation and severe joint pain, they will be familiar on how to handle such situation.
- Avoid misconceptions about EDS and relieve the pain that many affected patient suffer.The Andrea Foundation is willing to give all dependable and trustworthy information that can lead them to the right way as possible.
- Move ahead in our mission to build our very own Genetic Research Medical Center for patients suffering from EDS